Saturday 9 May 2015

Happy Mothers Day

Tomorrow is Mothers day.... this is always a day of great happiness for me but also some sadness...

As a mom of 3 amazingly gorgeous and rambunctious boys I cannot begin to explain how blessed I am, every year that passes I have changed as a mom... first as a teen mom, young and confused trying to find my feet with Loghan, then as an early twenty something with little self confidence, newly separated and on my own for the first time with Gabriel and then as a late twenty something, incredibly happy and where I wanted to be in my life with Jesse.

Every year has had its craziness, its ups and downs and its learning curves, but my children are truly my most amazing blessings and I am so incredibly filled with love... I never thought I could ever feel such an amazing love such a fierce need to protect and care for it really is a love like no other....
As I mentioned this is also a day of sadness, having loved and lost, even though I think of them all the time... mothers day is when I think of them most, I am past the point of asking myself why or wondering what could have been because what could have been could have meant no Loghan, Gabriel and Jesse and that I could never imagine... but still I think of them... what they may have looked like, been like, I think of them and send that love out into the universe hoping that wherever thy chose to go they are happy and loved.

I am so lucky to be a mother, so incredibly blessed and I look forward to many many more years with my amazing kids.

I would like to take this time to acknowledge my own mom... we may not have had the best start.... I was a terrible brat of a child and teen and we clashed for so many years... but when I became a mother I gained a new found respect for you that I could never explain, thank you for not strangling me or worse, you are such a great support and help to me now and I am incredibly blessed to call you mom...

To all the other moms out there- happy mothers day... whether you are a biological mom, adoptive mom, step mom or surrogate (baby sitters to)... whether you have loved and lost or you are still awaiting your babies arrival... you are a mother and you should be acknowledged....

Happy mothers day Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment