Thursday 16 April 2015

Is it measles... an allergy... what is it


So last night I was busy getting Gabriel into his pj's when i noticed that a red rash had appeared on him literally from top to toe- my heart did a double take and my mind began to race... I yelled down the stairs... Love.. hubby replied... whats wrong and my reply... I think monkey has measles... silence


 



I googled it (slap on hand), I have never had measles so wouldn't know for the life of me what it looks like or how to tell it apart from anything else but when i came upon the pictures the measles rash looked much more angry and red so I thought huh maybe its just an allergic reaction, then my mind starts racing what did he eat or come into contact with, am I seeing things maybe it is measles maybe its German Measles....

At the end of it I decided to put him to bed and see how it looked this morning and sure enough still there this morning so off we went to the doctor which made Gabriel very excited because it of course meant no school as well as a lolli at the end of the trip, personally I hate lollies or sweets been given at the end because it causes a sugar rush but it gets them through the appointment smoothly so I allow it...

Anyhoo after seeing the doctor he determined that it was not measles, German Measles or scarlet fever... sigh of relief but it does appear to be an allergic reaction poor monkey, and the problem is of course that we will probably never know what caused it because he is just so allergy prone it could have been anything...



So off we went does him with his allergy meds and then of course I needed to drop him at creche because well I needed to get my behind into work, well that was the end of Gabriel we played a game of cat and mouse getting him out the car for 10 minutes then I literally had to drag him into the creche and flee as fast as I could with a screaming child in my wake #crappy mom #worst feeling in the world... I felt so bad but I couldn't bring him with he doesn't sit even remotely still for a second and I had things to do, he is after all not sick and last time I allowed Loghan to go with me he thought it was so great he wanted to be sick every other day... sigh.

So I called when I got into work and he was still upset but his teacher said she would feed him and then he could go lie down as he takes an afternoon nap, apparently that worked- score 1 for the creche, I still feel really bad but I will make it up to him tonight with a cuddle and his choice of story in bed.



On the medication front I just want to update... wow... just wow it has been so incredible to get a book full of stars sent home everyday, I am so proud, Loghan I think is struggling a bit without his 2nd medication but I think its best to give him till the end of next week to see if it is a settling issue after the holiday and then take it from there, really don't want him on more meds but do not want him to back track either so we will just have to hope and see how it goes....

1 comment: