Wednesday 15 April 2015

saddened by the state in which we live

Its a really sad thing when you realize that no where is really safe anymore and anything can happen to anyone anywhere...

This morning I woke up to a message saying that someone near and dear to me had been shot along the beach in our area, I wont go into details but basically it was an attempted hijacking and the 19 year old I am refering to ended up being shot in the chest and is currently in ICU, stable and awake but still I drove to work after seeing his family well my family because blood relation aside that is what they are to me, I drove in a daze thinking how could this happen to someone I know in my neighbourhood and at the beach where I take my children to walk and play all the time, how and why and what is this country coming to when you cannot even pull over to watch the sunset without these things happening....


 

The world is going mad.... South Africa is going mad, I don't often mention political things on this blog but really... statues being pulled down, farmers and foreigners being burnt alive and killed, people being mugged, raped and killed even defenseless older people and woman with children, you drive down my street and all you see is people lining the street looking for jobs and yes it is that bad it really is....

While our president sits in his 43 million rand estate, people are starving, jobless and homeless, getting to work costs you half if not more than most peoples salaries and food keeps going up as well, then there are the rolling blackouts and while eskom puts the prices up the delivery of electricity and service goes down and Ive had enough as I am sure most people have... and yet people keep on voting for the party that is causing it all...its maddening

This incident hit me very close to home and I am just sickened at how one person can do this to another and for what a car you didn't even get a cellphone that will be blocked and unusable a few rands maybe... 

PATHETIC

I wish people would just understand that if we choose to get along and coexist rather than fight like spoilt brat children we may just get somewhere, no race, religion or culture is better than another at the end of the day what matters is who you are as a person and the way you treat others


No comments:

Post a Comment