Tuesday 10 May 2016

blended families, tecnicalities...



 

I have three sons and technically my 3rd son is half- brother to his older brothers as their fathers are different, my ex and his wife are also expecting a boy in June, which means another half -brother will soon be here. (yes all boys our fridges will always be empty =) )

I really hate using the terms half -brother, step brother, step father or adopted sibling, they are technically true, but I will never use these terms directly with my boys, they are all brothers I don’t see why it should matter that their fathers or in the new arrivals case their mother is different and I don’t see why my kids should see it any differently.

In essence and at the end of the day we are one blended and extended family, we are linked to each other permanently through my two oldest boys and as much as we have times of disagreement or do not always get along we are family and families do not always have to get along or even like each other all the time.

The boys are excited for their new brother arrival and I know they are going to be great with him, family isn’t always about blood, you do not have to have the same parents, mother or father, it is about being there for one another and making memories together of which I am sure there are plenty to come.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment