Tuesday 26 May 2015

Brazened Honey- Fresh Face Mask- Review



For anyone new to LUSH or for anyone who maybe didn’t know this LUSH has a brilliant recycle program and offer with their shoppers- ie if you return 5 of their black product pots you get to choose one of their fresh face mask worth around R130 for free.

I love this initiative besides the recycling who doesn’t love getting a product for free.

So a month or so back I had accumulated my 5 black pots and decided a fresh face mask would be nice to try, I have to admit I was a bit nervous though as I had been given some of their oatifix facemask as a sample and I didn’t like it at all, it did absolutely nothing for my skin and looked and felt to me like bird excrement…. Yes picture that doesn’t it sound just wonderful but I was not going to let that deter me from my mission and off I went.

One of things I like about LUSH is how much effort they put into staff training, their staff know every product and exactly who would benefit from it etc, I know many people have complained that LUSH staff can be a bit pushy but I have never had that issue at the branch I go to- anyway, so I asked the lovely lady there which face mask she would recommend, I have dry skin with oily patches that come and go throughout the month, I also have the unfortunate nightmare of breaking out once a month- yes ladies this happens even without a uterus- of course she recommended Oatifix which I did not like so I asked her if she could recommend something else, she suggested the Brazened Honey which targets tired skin… hmm thanks for that, but to be honest my skin does need a boost every now and then so I decided to give it a go.

Note: the recycling Logo and the caption


Honestly if you look at the ingredients section anyone who knows me would not put me and this product together as it contains both honey and ginger both of which I cannot stand so when I smelt this product I honestly did not like it at all, it also looks a bit like garlic butter in the pot but still I did not let this deter me, after all I hate honey but the honey I washed the kids soap and shampoo bar have become my go to scents- I don’t know what it is but the LUSH scents just smell different maybe it is because we are so used to the fake manufactured scents that come with most store brought products.

The only thing I don’t like about the fresh face masks is that they are not a product that you can keep because they are fresh and preservative free they recommend you use it within 10 days- I was not going to use this product once and then throw it away so I decided to keep it for a bit longer, it lasted 3 weeks just fine 

This is what the LUSH website has to say about Brazened honey:

“Brazened Honey was inspired by traditional Indian Ayurvedic principles, which put emphasis on balance as the foundation to health. Fresh free-range eggs and honey soften, lime oil brightens, spices warm the skin and ground almonds exfoliate. Kaolin clay reaches deep down into pores to pull out dirt and impurities, leaving your skin noticeably brighter and fresher. Our deepest cleansing mask, Brazened Honey is the perfect way to revive sluggish or congested skin”

After I have used the product several times I am going to be honest and say the smell has grown on me- LUSH products do that I promise you they make you grow to like smells you have never liked before.

Keeping this product in the fridge means it comes out frikken cold so my advice take it out for a half hour before use unless it is a hot day then by all means use it as is, the mask goes on really nicely and feels amazing on the skin, after 5 minutes you can rub it into your skin as an exfoliator whilst removing the product with water and what you are left with is amazingly smooth and refreshed skin it truly feels amazing!

What it looks like on the skin.


Would I purchase this product in the future- quite honestly the fresh face masks are not something I feel would make it onto my list mainly because I feel that the masks are a nice to have and not something I need also I don’t like to feel rushed when using the products- however I love the fact that when I do eventually use up 5 pots I can go and treat myself or someone else.

I highly recommend that you try their masks at least once, many people swear by them and highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment