Wednesday 4 May 2016

Parenting is not for the squeamish

* Disclaimer- please do not read this post if you are squeamish

So yesterday was crazy its a new month and I had work streaming from my ears when I stepped away from my desk for a moment and came back and saw a missed call from the school on my phone my heart sank.

I called back only to be told Gabriel had been in an incident while playing at school, someone had knocked into him and he required urgent attention to the wound caused, now honestly I was freaked out but at the same time I thought ok one or two stitches maybe its not that bad...how bad could it be... got hold of his dad and he went through to fetch him.

I received the following picture 10 minutes later.... again please do not look if you are squeamish


 

Inside I was completely freaking out this is not some tiny cut that requires one or two stitches, sure enough I spoke to his father a while later and 7 stitches later he didn't make a peep at all and was doing fine... my mommy heart!

and Before anyone goes boys will be boys it was not a boy who bumped him.  All is ok he is fine but I tell you if I can list the amount of injuries these kids have had I will put you off kids for life.

Loghan had to have a CT scan when he climbed on top of a washing basket and fell backwards, he had to have his pinky tip reattached after the wind took the door and slammed, he bit through his lip as a child... all three of them have actually done that, Loghan also fell at school and damaged his front teeth requiring reconstruction, he got hit with a piece of stone whilst playing which also required medical attention, Jesse fell and cut his cheek badly as a child as well and Gabriel cut his chin open....and numerous other bumps, cuts and grazes, I promise you parenting is not for sissy's.



No comments:

Post a Comment