Monday 12 November 2018



Over the weekend my mom and I were having a conversation about people and social activity.  My mom and I have had a tumultuous relationship over the years to say the least but the past year has seen steps towards healing for the both of us.

Back to my conversation though, my mom is not a social person at all she likes the company of an extremely select few people and it’s been that way for a good number of years because as she put it people only ever disappoint you, this train of thought got me thinking, I am heavily inclined to disagree with her. I am not exactly the most social person either and my circle is indeed small however I have an amazing tribe, it’s small but it never ceases to amaze me how incredible people can be.

Of course there are those who will take advantage of you, hurt you or disappoint you but to be honest what I have found is that with those people the signs are generally there it’s just sometimes hard to see or understand when you are in the throes of the relationship/ friendship or acquaintance.

This year has taught me so many amazing things and have expanded my circle to include some pretty amazing people, I have also had to purge a bit and push out those who I was blind to, those who pulled us down but I kept on or we kept on because you want to see the good in those people, at the end of the day it is often too late that we realise what holding on has done to us and those around us.

My small circle has helped me press on, they have helped me see that as scared as I am of what lies around the corner, we will get through this, what is another bump in the road right, our family has already seen so many bumps and every time I felt like I couldn’t or we couldn’t anymore we have found a path and a way to see it through, as a family with those we most cherish supporting us along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment