Wednesday 4 January 2017

Focus for the year!



Many posts have been flying around so far this year pertaining to a set word or focus word for the year 2017, this is not a post that I normally do but when reading these posts the same word kept popping into my head over and over again like an overplayed record or a song you just cannot erase from your brain for a week strait.

So I decided that this word has to mean something right?  I t is obviously the word that my sub conscious feels should be something I need to focus on this year… the word is Courage…

This year I want to instil in my children the courage to take on the world and in particular with Loghan to prove to those around him that he has what it takes to push forward and onwards, that child has the courage of a lion and I have every bit of confidence that he will have the courage to embrace his new school with open arms and make new friends.

I hope to instil in him the courage to rise above the judgment and misunderstanding of some and to show them and teach them even when he feels defeated.

Within myself I want to and hope to foster the courage to face anything that is thrown at us this year as I have before or many times in the past but I also want to have the courage to stand up to those people in my life who bring me down or always know what buttons to push to bring me to a solid standstill and make me feel bad about myself.

I want my family to have the courage to push through against the odds and to have the courage to be themselves, we are what is probably considered to be an odd ball bunch and I am very proud of that but it does take courage to be proud especially when faced with judgment from those around me, I want my kids to be proud of who they are and have the courage to face adversity and judgment knowing that they are awesome just as they are and there are so many people out there with quirks and differences that do understand, we just have to have the courage to ignore or attempt to educate those who don’t… 

There are many trials ahead I don’t think this year will be easy but I know we can do it if we stand together.

Do you have a word for the year or a focus point for the year if so I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment