This is a Slowcooker recipe but can also be done on the stove top as well.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Baby Carrots
- 4 Stalks of Celery
- vegetable stock cubes
- 500g bowtie pasta (or whatever pasta you fancy)
- Salt and Pepper
- mixed herbs
How to Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- In a large pot cover your chicken with water, add the stock cubes and allow to boil
- Dice your onion and celery. You can also chop the baby carrots if you want to, put all the veggies together in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove chicken from pot and place into a bowl to allow cooling to room temperature.
- Fill your slow cooker or crock-pot with water until it is ⅔ of the way full. Bring to a boil (use your hottest setting until it reaches a boil).
- Once your water is boiling, place 2 stock cubes into the water and allow them to dissolve.
- Shred the cooked or cut the chicken into cubes if you prefer.
- Place the chicken and vegetables into the boiling water and reduce heat. Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Place your pasta into your slow cooker for the last 20-30 minutes and allow the pasta to become tender.
- Serve with fresh rolls or bread
If you want to make this on the stove top you can follow the same process just set your stove to a lower setting and allow to cook for 2 hours.
I have made this recipe a few times and love it especially when someone in the house is under the weather.