Monday 22 June 2015

all boys... all girls what is the issue...



I will never understand why people feel the need to feel sorry for a mom who has 2 or more of the same gender of children, what is there to feel sorry for when you have healthy happy children, there are so many woman out there struggling to conceive or who don’t even get the chance to have a baby and would give anything to have a baby no matter the gender.

Here are the top 5 worst things people have said to me since I became a mom of my third boy….

I bet you wanted a girl- urm no we wanted a baby

Were you trying for a girl- no we wanted a healthy baby

Oh they must be a handful- and girls aren’t?

Don’t you ever get tired of dirt and rough housing- no actually don’t you get tired of playing princess and ponies…

Will you keep trying for a girl- no why would we; we have 3 healthy amazing kids.

At the end of the day after 5 losses I am just incredibly grateful to have any children at all but I have more than that I have 3 incredible healthy happy beautiful souls who have been my greatest gifts and treasures and who fill my life with such joy I cannot begin to explain even through the tough times I will always be grateful that I was given the gift of motherhood because it is a gift and I truly believe that we are blessed with the amount of children and genders we are supposed to have- I will not lie there have been times when I have thought ah little girls are cute and ah wouldn’t it be nice to play dress up but you know what I have my friends little girls to spoil and coo over when I feel the need for some girlishness and I am happy with that- I am a mom of boys and I wouldn’t have it any other way…

No comments:

Post a Comment