Sunday 19 April 2015

Another Weekend Gone...

Another weekend is over, is it just me or does the weekend seem to go even faster with age when I was young the weekends seemed to drag on forever and I in blissful ignorance never appreciated them now on the other hand of course  they are never long enough....




This past week we have had load-shedding every single evening but the one night I was completely compared for it, for anyone out of SA wondering what load- shedding is, it is when our glorious electricity provider decides that it needs to accumulate a certain amount of extra power in order to make up for their incompetency and they do this this by switching off the power to areas at different times by schedule of course and one that by the way can change at any time or switch stages at any time, as you can imagine this has caused hell for businesses as well as on the home front and to be brutally honest I am getting to the end of my tether with this nonsense, I mean they put the electricity up and provide even less of a service than before and in our area the power always goes out between dam well 6 and 8:30 pm when everyone needs to make supper, bath the kids and of course get them off to bed... this has been a nightmare with 2 kids who are not big fans of the dark but what can you do?

Anyhoo so its been a Topsy turfy week, Gabriel has had a great week, bar his allergy episode which hasn't really dissipated he is still covered in a rash poor monkey, Loghan as I mentioned not so good but hopefully this week will be better.  On Thursday afternoon my hubby was told he needed to be on a flight to Jo berg the next morning for work, they then canceled and then changed their mind again later that evening... great stuff so we had to searching for ID's and docs in the middle of load-shedding and the next morning he was off to the airport which made me even more nervous because of all the protesting going on on the N1 and N2 and all the xenophobic attacks raging havoc everywhere...South Africa is just a mess right now

So on Friday evening I decided a camp out in the lounge was in order I pulled the boys mattresses and bedding downstairs into the lounge we ate spaghetti and watched Lego Batman and the Lego movie (love having boys), we snacked on popcorn and treats after I managed to scrape a few rand's together and then we all curled up for the night... it was so nice to have an evening just me and my monkeys so nice that they all wanted to sleep next to mommy and cuddle with mommy but me of my shuffle bums and wriggle worms do not even describe my bunch and sleeping on the floor caused all of our hay-fever to set off so I for one did not sleep a wink and was pushed out of bed at the ripe ol hour of 6 am on Saturday morning in order to make breakfast and juice.

We watched more movies then splashed around in the last bit of available sun outside (personally I prefer the winter cold, my kids disagree) for a while and then I decided it was high time the boys got their 1st library cards so into the car we climbed and off we went...

well just to forewarn anyone interested in obtaining a library card you not only need your id and utility bill but also a birth certificate for your children that we had but on top of that you need to fill out a form and the form requires 2 references and then the card takes 2-3 days till they are ready, so we were a bit disappointed to say the least when we were told we couldn't take any books yet, however since I had a card once upon a time they said I could pay R20 for a new one and the kids could get it on my card... of course they only take cash so off we went to get that and the form filled out and then we went all the way back... by this time Jesse was getting tired and cranky and the library was full so I quickly got them to choose 3 books each and Jess chose one and off we went home, with a very excited Loghan especially because he got two Roald Dahl books, yay for us...

We spent the rest of the day reading and cuddling and playing outside till hubby came home Saturday afternoon and then the boys spent an hour or so playing with a neighbors two grandsons riding up and down the street they had a ball,,, and.... then the lights went out... no power once again... at least food was ready... at least that was one thing...

At the same time we discovered Sonic our hedgehog had managed to tangle some hair around his foot and we needed to remove it urgently in order to save his foot... thankfully hubby is incredibly skilled at fine work like that and spikes and all we managed to get the hair away and we once again had a very happy hedgie...

We then ate supper, got the kids bathed and snuggled on the couch with Esio Trot by Roald Dahl and then this morning it was rise and shine at 5am when hubby got called out to work ... again and then no sooner had he stepped back through the door than he was called out again... frik sake sometimes I just want to scream as they take him for granted so often he always has to go out at all hours for the silliest things but a job is a job... sigh.

The rest of the day was 'uneventful' but amazing as it always is spending time with my family....I just love having my whole family home and under one roof... all my happiest moments are made of these...

No comments:

Post a Comment