Monday 2 April 2018

Family breakfast and EASY Banana Bread Recipe everyone will love

Hello everyone,I hope everyone has had a wonderful long weekend filled with yummy chocolate and family spoils.

I have to be honest Im no kitchen fairy but I have my moments, my brother and I were both making supper from a young age, my brother being way more gifted in this area than me but every now and then I have a moment of madness and create something magickal in the kitchen.

This weekend after collecting the boys I realized we had some bananas that were over ripe and would need to be tossed so I decided to whip up some Banana Bread so that they didn't end up going to waste.

The bread ended up forming part of a very yummy breakfast this morning complete with homemade flapjacks...moments of madness I tell you, so I thought it only fair to share this recipe with you, I eye ball everything and it still came out amazing if I do say so myself so I feel confident in saying that it is pretty much flop proof.

Simple Banana Bread

2- 3  very ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter (I used stork margarine, it turned out great but proper butter probably would have added to the taste)
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 large beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla ( I used a table spoon because my family loves the added vanilla)
1 1/2 cups all purpose floor flour I used cake flour but I also added a tsp baking powder just becuase I get ansy with the rising aspect of things I bake, it worked out well for me)

Meng (mix) all the wet ingredients together add the mushed banana and then the dry ingredients, throw it into a greased loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees Celsius until cooked through it took 50 minutes in my oven and the top was a lovely golden brown, the scent wafted through the house and I felt like a real pinterest momma, now you can as well =)











No comments:

Post a Comment