Thursday 2 June 2016



Yesterday a new addition to our blended family came into the world and the boys gained a beautiful baby brother.

This moment was one of great joy for mom and dad and of course my 2 oldest monkeys and it was one I have been avoiding in thought for the better part of the last month.

Why you may ask… because I’m scared, my boys are my life and I truly believe that their brother is a blessing however he is the first biological child for their step mum and I will be honest and say that as much as I adore children and babies the way I feel about my own children is just different the love for them and the patience and understanding I have with them is far above what I have for other peoples kids and that is why I am scared… well shitless.

I’m scared that my kids will not get the same attention they did or the same love that they did from their step mom, that they will get pushed aside or that patience will run thin, I’m scared for how they would feel emotionally and what kind of impact it will have on them….

Is this normal am I being stupid are these feelings uncalled for…

No comments:

Post a Comment