Friday 1 January 2016

Goodbye 2015...

So 2015 has come and gone, I have to say I am still in disbelief as to how fast this year passed us by, but at the same time I am incredibly relived because in short 2015 was an incredibly challenging year, one with many ups and downs, and I know so many people in my life feel the same why I do.

We did however end the year off with a bang and I have had an amazing albeit challenging time (sanity wise) being at home with my boys, it realy amazes me how much patience and understanding must go into teaching because by the afternoon I have been exhausted, Loghan especially simply cannot do anything on his own and is constantly asking for new activities and getting incredibly bored ever so quickly, combine this with low iron, bp and migraines I have been exhausted but I have thoroughly enjoyed being home with my boys and this is why I have not been blogging all that much, you see one of the goals I set for this year and it is one I plan on carrying through into next year, and that is to be more present with my kids and family, to put the cellphones and laptops away and to spend proper personal time with them... no distractions, to just get lost in those moments that so quickly pass before you, its great to have pictures of moments but to actually be present within that space of time... it has made the world of difference and I really feel that as a parent it has worked for the better and strengthened my relationship with the boys and my ability to parent in so many ways.

I truly hope that 2016 is going to be better all round for everyone, this year I have made some wonderful friends, I may not be a social butterfly but I have definitely formed some wonderful relationships with people I am very grateful to include in my life.

I have seen my boys once again prove that a social or learning disability can be overcome they did incredibly well this year and have come so far I am incredibly proud of them.

We have been home owners for a year now and this has been thr toughest transition I have ever had to go through in my adult life, seriously even more than moving out or being a teen mom. We have struggled every month, but our family has a roof and never goes to bed hungry I have a job and as I said before incredible people in my life and for that I am incredibly grateful, there have been days where I have no petrol to get to work but every time I have felt or been down and out I have been blessed with help from someone in our lives and for that I am also incredibly grateful.

I have always been the glass is half empty kind of person, I suffer with depression and social issues but this year I have tried as hard as possible to stay positive and push through and it has made and incredible difference in my life, to look for the blessings through a storm, it hasn't been easy but I think I have made great leaps when it comes to this and for that once again I m grateful...

So many things to be grateful for in my life, through this festive season whilst visiting friends and family and spending time with the kids,I am happier than I have ever been, I am so incredibly blessed to have the boys and my husband, my friends and my family, my home, my job a car tha gets me from A to B, I am blessed in ways that so many are not these days and for that I am finally grateful.

What are your plans or goals for 2016, are you where you want to be


No comments:

Post a Comment