Monday 30 November 2015

The controversial kiddy lease/ harness



Whether you are pro or against the use of a hand or back pack leash for a child has become quite a controversial mommy topic especially with the escalating amounts of children that are being snatched whilst out and about in public over the last few months.

To be honest I have never liked the idea of a kiddy harness/leash, I always said that a child is not a dog and should not be treated as such... then I had my own kids and no even though I am still not a fan of the idea I not only see the need for them but would happily use one myself rather than have my child taken from me because they did what a child does and run off in all their naive innocence.

It may not be the nicest thing and your child may not like it but it can do a whole lot of good especially for us moms who have more kids than we do hands =)

It doesn't make you a bad mom, it doesn't mean you do not have a handle on your children or are negligent, some kids have the ability to sit amazingly still throughout an entire shopping trip but for the most part toddlers and small children become restless antsy and try to test the patience and boundaries that their parents lay out as they become bored or tired with the shopping or outing experience.

I know if we hit the mall the boys go into a trolley I learnt my lesson once when Gabriel ran off in an Ackermans store and I dam near screamed the store down looking for him and found him hiding out behind a clothing rack he thought it was a big joke, I did go out and buy a harness shortly afterwards and will need it should I ever feel the need.

How do you feel? Do you own a harness for your little one?


2 comments:

  1. I'm indifferent to it but I've always Been a firm believer in do what works for you. I do own a harness (sounds better than leash😁) and I added one to my daughter's backpack when I was traveling along with her. Rather safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true rather safe than sorry the back pack ones are cute I bought one for my niece when my sil was pregnant

    ReplyDelete