Wednesday 18 November 2015

Sad Momma heart



I have 3 boys and everyone knows that I would change them for anything, did I ever picture myself with a girl, honestly I did once or twice but I am a boys mom through and through and proudly so, I feel that we are given the gender we are meant to raise, some only boys some only girls and some both, each gender is different and I feel each gender comes with certain traits and lessons that we as a mom need to learn and grow with.

However there is one thing that makes me very sad as a mom of boys and my colleague and I have spoken about this more than once.

When I gave birth I not only wanted MY mother near me I needed her and only MY mother would do not my mom in law no one else!

That’s what makes me sad and as cruel and horrible as it may sound I often find myself contemplating the thought of a future daughter in law who is an orphan or who doesn’t have a good relationship with her parents… I know awful right…. But it really does break my heart because when my babies have their babies I want to be there I want to see them through the journey and whilst I will be there the bond just isn’t the same because it’s not my daughter just as I have seen how woman tend to gravitate more towards their own families and their husbands generally follow suite, I mean I often have to dial my mom in laws number and hand it to my husband or nag him consistently to get him to phone and that makes me incredibly sad.

Does anyone else ever feel this way please tell me I am not awful and not the only one who feels this way.

2 comments:

  1. I also have a son and I know there is lots I will miss out on but there are also a lot of good things. You must read MOM rule - she also has 3 boys (Mother of Boys).

    ReplyDelete