Thursday 12 November 2015

Catrice Brow Set and Anti Red Base Primer



I have had these two products tucked away for a while now but as I have run out of my usual staples I decided to bring them out and give them a try.
Catrice Eye Brow set

I first went in to pick up another make me brow by Essence; however I was quite disappointed when the Red Square store I went in to was out of stock.  I have always been really lazy when it comes to my brows I always forget to pluck and up until recently when I have I have always over plucked.  In any case so I was quite disappointed and wondered over to the Catrice stand in order to see if they had a similar product, of course an ever so helpful shop assistant wondered on over to me and asked if she could help, I told her what I was looking for and she handed me this set.


I was at first somewhat reluctant being there were two shades included in the set and I really didn’t see myself using the darker one but as I was in a hurry and the price was great I decided to try it out.

Looking at the product as always with Catrice products the design is simple yet compact and sophisticated looking even though the product is inexpensive it never appears to look that way when it comes to design.

The compact holds two shades and the lid includes a little mirror, you can also slide the bottom out to reveal a mini tweezer and applicator which is just stinking adorable.  The product is also perfect for handbag use being small and compact.

Upon testing the colours my first thought was again that I would only end up using the lighter shade, but after applying I have to say I ended up using both, the lighter shade towards the centre of my face and darker towards the outside as that is where my brows lighten up significantly and appear hardly there.



The pigmentation of this product is great and it blended really well and stayed all day without coming off onto my fingers if I brushed them over my brows.

I am incredibly impressed with this product and I’m sure it is going to last a long while which makes it even better, it has definitely made it onto my list of must haves.

Catrice Prime and Fine Anti Red Base Primer

This was another product I picked up because my usual selection was out of stock but being as I am incredibly pale faced and always tends to have red patches/ areas along my face I decided to give this a try and see how it faired.

Now I know from friends who also have pale tones with red areas that a green toned foundation or concealer is great for that however I will admit looking at the product thinking wow that’s green but hey let’s give it a whirl.



When I first tried it I used way too much and it ended up not blending well so I cleaned up and tried again, you really do need a minimal amount of this product.



Honestly it was an ok experience I still prefer my previous primer, for me this products consistency and ability to blend is just not as great and whilst it does balance out the reds in my skin it makes the rest of my face look sickly and I have to apply both my bb cream and foundation and colour corrector in order to balance out the tones perfectly.

I am not saying it is a bad product it just hasn’t been a great fit for me and I will be going back to my previous prime and fine primer which is also from the Catrice range.

I really adore the Catrice range and it has quickly become my number one make up brand to use, it makes up the majority of my make-up collection and I don’t see that changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment