Friday 6 November 2015

Bits and Bobs



I know I’ve been a bit quiet the last 2 weeks it just come to that time of the year and it has been a bit manic at home.

Last week Friday we had Gabriel’s Graduation/ Fashion show which was too cute for words and the kids were just amazing I was so incredibly proud to see Gabriel up on that stage and he enjoyed it so much, I cried buckets and buckets to see how much my boy has grown especially in the last year and how far he has come since starting grade R, to be honest with the issues we were having at the beginning of the year we thought that he may have to repeat grade R which we had no issue with at all, sometimes a child isn’t ready and it is always best to then let them repeat especially at an earlier age, but he blossomed tremendously and I am so excited for him to go on to Grade 1 next year.

Then this week rolled around and we had Loghans concert at school, the concert spanned over 3 days, I went to watch on the Tuesday and then helped supervise on the Wednesday and Thursday, the kids were absolutely superb and the amount of effort and time put in by the teachers just makes me so incredibly proud and know that we made the right decision in our choice of school.

I have to be honest though we have been arriving home after 10 for the last 3 night’s strait, both Loghan and I were ok Tuesday and Wednesday but by last night we were both irritable as ice on a hot day. 

I have always said I have the utmost respect and admiration for the teachers at Sunningdale, but after the last two evenings of supervision that admiration has increased 10 fold, the kids are all lovely, sweet and amazing but sjoe they are busy busy busy, take 20 Loghan’s and there you go, oh my gosh my head was spinning by last night but again they were all incredibly sweet and the teachers were all incredibly patient, I promise you help out at a fundraiser or something for one day you will never question your child’s teacher again, every single teacher in that school has my respect and admiration for the amount of time and patience they put into raising our children when we are not there!

Anyhoo so otherwise our house is a complete mess, my washing has piled up terribly, I haven’t swept or anything and there is stuff lying everywhere, which is driving me absolutely up the wall but hopefully it will all settle now, we just have Gabriel’s Grade 1 orientation tomorrow and Jesse’s concert at month end… sjoe, most wonderful time of the year se voet.

Top this all off last night was Guy Fawkes so fireworks were set off everywhere causing chaos and in the early hours of this morning a fire that spread throughout the entire vlei/ nature preserve area, they had to evacuate the SANCOB sanctuary as well and driving through it all this morning was incredibly scary especially with an empty fuel tank and almost dead phone battery I just kept saying please don’t let me break down next to this blaze, but almost 2 hours later I made it to work without any breakdowns and all in one piece.

What we had to drive through this morning


I am so glad its weekend!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ja the weeks are freaking crazy at the moment hey!!! Its like we are in 5th gear going at break neck speed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true and the more kids you have the more crazy it gets

    ReplyDelete