Tuesday 3 November 2015

The favorite child


Growing up I would always state that my brother was my parent’s favorite, my parents were less strict with him and he was afforded in my opinion many things that I wasn’t…

Now that I am as a parent, personally I do not think it possible to have a favorite rather I would say that there are certain aspects of my children’s personalities that I favor.

For example, I love how Loghan is so sweet and caring especially when it comes to younger children and I love that he is always willing to help his teachers and peers especially those who are bullied etc, however his stubbornness and sass drive me absolutely up the wall.

Gabriel on the other hand I love that he is quite independent and his imagination is just amazing… however he is like a whirlwind of untidiness and asking him to tidy after himself is like asking him to run a marathon backwards and uphill.

Then there is Jesse, I absolutely adore his cleverness and his love is just adorable however his tantrums I could do without.

My point is they are all my favorite in some or other way and they all have an equal place in my heart, sometimes we may not like each other very much in a moment but the love I have for these three mini humans is unlike any I have and will ever experience and that I can guarantee.

I try to give them an equal amount of everything but sometimes that is just not possible and as someone once told me sometimes one may need you just a little bit more at the time, it’s not that you love the others any less it just that one may need you more next time one of the others will need your undivided time and energy.

Crazy that we only see these things once we become a parent ourselves but I guess that is all a part of growing up, I know my children will probably feel that I have a favorite at one time another in fact I often already get the; that’s unfair, or why does he get this and I don’t etc, but one day they will realize and see that are are all 3 equal in my eyes and in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment