Wednesday 27 May 2015

Eco Friendly- Cruelty Free Brands



I have been asked by a few people I know to create a go to list of the eco/ cruelty free brands that we have used or use in our home and where you can get them…. So here it goes.

Beauty Brands

GOSH Cosmetics- available at Edgars, Red Square

A UK based cosmetics brand on the middle scale of pricing, cruelty free and organic.



Essence Cosmetics- available at Dischem, Edgars and Red Square

A really well priced cosmetics brand, I personally use on a daily basis, both cruelty free and organic, most of their products are even vegan as well




A UK born cosmetics/ body brand that sells everything from shampoo to deodorant, bath bombs and make- up, I absolutely adore this brand it is cruelty free, organic and some of the products are vegan- we make use of their soaps, lotions, bath goodies and shampoo bars.

You can shop online or go to one of their locally located branches- see website for locations



Household Products

Ecover - available at Dischem, Spar and wellness warehouse

A cruelty free/ organic household cleaning brand based in the UK, I use their dishwashing liquid and their oxy bleach



Earth sap - available at Dischem, Spar and wellness warehouse

A cruelty free/ organic household cleaning brand, I personally have used and still use their laundry liquid and all-purpose cleaner.



Enchantrix- available at Dischem, Spar and wellness warehouse

A cruelty free/ organic household cleaning brand, I personally use their laundry liquid, but they have a whole range of products including baby products and all but their baby bum wax is vegan.



Baby/ Kids Brands

Pure Beginnings - available at wellness warehouse and online

I absolutely adore this baby product range especially their baby wash, hand wash and toothpaste.



Oh Lief - available at Wellness Warehouse and online

A local baby product range- I absolutely love their insect repellent for babies




Cherubs - Eco wipes - available from most baby stores



I love these wipes; they are eco-friendly and great for sensitive skin

Jet- natural water wipes - available from jet stores

I recently found this wipes and love them they are 99% water and 1 % fruit based so great for sensitive skin and the environment.

Cloth Nappies

I have quite a range of cloth diapers in my stash for Jesse but the 3 below are my favourite and are all local.

Fancy Pants - available at wellness warehouse and online



Eco Nappy Solutions - available online



Poopsy Daisy Bum Wraps - available online



Baby Food


Organic baby food range that tastes so amazing- available from most baby stores, checkers and pick n pay




Jesse preferred Hipp but I really liked this local range as well- available from woolworths and most baby stores






Organic Cotton clothing for kids- really basic colours and styles- quite high end price wise unless you go to the factory shop then you can pick up items for as little as R30.

There are obviously loads more brands out there, I am still discovering new ones every day, but I really love these brands and I have found that I can afford them even on a very strict budget, even though the prices may seem more the products tend to go a lot further than the chemical ones and are more gentle on sensitive skin, and of course better on the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment