Wednesday 4 February 2015

LUSH Review



So this week I was lucky enough to get a few more Lush products to try as well as a few samples and staples.

I just want to make a point that yes LUSH products are not exactly cheap but they go a loooong way, I have been so lucky in that most of the products I have received or tried have been gifts or I have merely sampled the product for a review, I do not get paid to review these products I would love to get some free products but sadly this is not the case, I do however post these reviews because I just have such a firm belief in this products and the company itself.


 



The 1st item is a bath bomb inspired by the son granny takes a trip…. It is a beautiful multi coloured circular bath bomb and one of their bigger ones, I stand corrected but I think they go for around R42, this is for my boys and I find that since the boys use relatively little water and our bath is already small I do not use a full bath bomb, I know that the staff at LUSH will suggest it to get the full effects of the product but I don’t think it is necessary for so little water so this bath bomb with probably be cut into 4 and if you consider that the price really isn’t bad at all.

This is what the website has to say:

This ginger, pepper and lemon-scented bath bomb turns your water psychedelic and puts some colour in your life. Simply drop into a warm bath and watch as its fizzing centre dissolves into multi-coloured waters. Its spicy, citrusy scent will pep you up: lemon oil boosts the mood, while ginger and pepper are warming


The 2nd bath bomb is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen and it is their range produced specifically for children although there is no harm in you using it as an adult it is the robot shaped Ickle baby bot and it a light blue colour it is fairly small so at 32.50 it is one of their cheaper bath bombs and it smells just frikken amazing I cannot wait to use this with the kids and will probably get 2 baths out of it.

The website says the following:

A ballistic that will send little ones off to sleep? Does not compute! Drop it in the bath with baby bots to calm them down. They’ll soon be dreaming of electric sheep with a sleep-inducing combination of lavender and sandalwood oils.




The next product is a soap that has very much become a staple in our home to be used on Gabriel’s sensitive and eczema prone skin and it is called the Parsley Porridge soap, it is very green and smells so amazingly fresh and clean I just love it and it really has been great on Gabriel’s skin keeping it soft and moisturised, I also find it to be a nice alternative to the dream wash which can be a bit pricey depending on how often you will use it this goes for R55 per 100g I think so it is a bit pricey for soap but it really works well on sensitive skin and it will last you a good while.

The website lists it as follows:

A herbal soap with parsley, thyme, tea tree oil, aloe gel and fine oatmeal for gentle exfoliation. This antibacterial soap is the perfect Sunday afternoon combination of fresh parsley and thyme, with a tea tree infusion, cooling aloe vera gel and a fine oatmeal that leaves you feeling gently exfoliated and ready for a snooze on the sofa



The next one is another bath bomb which I have been very much avoiding because of the name and the smell but in looking for something to change the water colour I decided to get it and it is the Twilight bath bomb, ai ok lets get ready for glitter right but my kids will love it and it apparently turns the water midnight blue which is very cool and to be quite honest the smell isn’t bad very lavender scented which is not my favourite scent but is great before bed time, I can get 4 uses out of it and it goes for R42.50.

The website info:

That moment when the sun starts setting into the night sky, painting it with vibrant hues of orange and purple before being peppered with sparkling stars, is a wonder that we pause to admire with those we love. Recreate twilight in your bath water with clouds of lavender, ylang ylang and ovaltine to soothe body and mind. If you're stressed out, hugely overwhelmed or just plain exhausted, Twilight is the gentle, reassuring hug that leaves you feeling like everything's going to be okay. It's our most relaxing Bath Bomb yet, transforming you from one of the Sullens into a member of the living.
I also picked up another tub of dream cream because I honestly cannot go without it anymore it has just done such amazing things for Gabriel’s skin and is worth every penny!!!



The last 2 are samples and they are both moisturizers the 1st is skin drink- it smells like nuts the smell is very strong I didn’t not like it however the product left like a film coating on my skin kind of like the body moisturiser except it didn’t go away and I didn’t use a lot- I gave it the benefit of a full few days use but ala this was not a product I would purchase because of that feeling, it is also quite pricey at 185 per 45g granted you need to take into account that you use the tiniest amount so I would imagine that depending on your daily or weekly usage this product could last up to 2 months.

The website details:

Rich moisturizer to refresh and rehydrate parched skin. This is our rich, thick cream to turn rough, dry skin into soft, supple skin for as long as you continue to use it. A delicious blend of sesame, almond and evening primrose oils to moisturise, organic avocado to soften and nourish and calming rose oil, all mixed up in soothing aloe vera. This is an impressive, rehydrating cream. Give thirsty skin the drink it needs.




The last product is called Celestial and like I said is also a moisturizer I absolutely LOVED this product- the smell was not amazing but it made my skin feel like heaven it was cooling and soothing and afterwards my skin physically glowed and was baby soft if I can afford it I will definitely be investing in this product at some point!!!!

Thats all folks, I have to say I was a little irritated because I went online last night only to discover they have now releashed their valentines stock.... thank you LUSH I am now broke and cannot afford them so I will just have to watch longingly from afar..... oh well better luck next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment