Wednesday 8 August 2018

If you had asked me a year ok or even 6 months ago if I thought that I would helping to run a school for special needs education I probably would have thought you were out of your mind, I will admit that although I was very involved in my sons school last year it was always so much easier at the end of the day to let someone else take on the more nitty gritty of what needed to be done I would always tell myself it wasn't my place, I have a full time job, I could never do this.... and yet here I stand.

Has it been easy... hell no...would I take it back... not for a second.

This experience has been one of the most if not the greatest learning experiences of my life and I cannot explain how thankful I am that the universe gave me that final push in this direction, after pushing it aside for so long.


There have been tears of joy and tears of frustration but things are finally starting to settle down and I am so incredibly proud of what we have achieved in such a short space of time.

This past weekend we officially moved into our premises, 2 weeks of packing... and repacking and then moving paid off and it was such a privilege to watch our students walk in on Monday morning full of smiles.

So I have neglected this space quite a bit but with good reason =)





















No comments:

Post a Comment