Monday 5 February 2018

Speculaas Cookies- Tiffanys Kitchen

Speculaas or speculoos  is a type of spiced short crust biscuit, traditionally baked for consumption on or just before St Nicholas Day in the Netherlands (5 December), Belgium (6 December), and around Christmas in Germany. Speculaas are thin, very crunchy, caramelized, and slightly browned.

I have never been one for ginger and cloves but I have to say that I adore a wellmade spiced cookie, especially in the wintertime with a nice cup of rooibos tea, yummy, but I have to be honest when saying that many times in the past purchasing these cookies in the store has just led to dissapointment, far to much sugar and not enough spice, so I was delighted when I spied Speculaas cookies on the menu of my friends baking company- Tiffanys Kitchen.

I will just say that my friend Paul is an absolute wizz in the kitchen, a man of very many talents for sure but his baking and cooking is just to die for, so I was incredibly happy for him when he decided to start up Tiffanys Kitchen late last year.

I have been eyeing the selection on his menu from brownies to flavoured chocolates and of course the Speculaas cookies I have just been dying to try them all so when I saw him on the weekend I hoped eagerly that he would have something available.

Unfortunately he hadnt baked having just returned froma trip but he did have a packet of the cookies available and his flavoured chocolates.

I was over the moon and when hubby and I curled up on the couch last night I quickly grabbed the packet from the cupboard.  Holy moly guys melt in your mouth buttery goodness, with just the right amount of spice and just a touch of sweetness, absolute perfection; I was very happy and will definately be purchasing more... when my eating plan allows it in the future.

Unfortunately I didnt think to snap a pic before we finished the lot so if you want to see what Tiffanys Kitchen or Tiffanys in CT has to offer you can pop on over to their facebook page, Paul also has a blog which you can follow here.

I will have to give feedback on the chocolates once I have tasted them although I have to say they are seriously calling to me from the cupboard right now =)


No comments:

Post a Comment