Thursday 14 December 2017

Adulting, buying cars and fond memories



I remember my first car so well… not that I’ve had many cars, 2 to be precise and both the same make of car.

I remember how proud I was to have my own car and to have paid for it in cash, it was a great feeling, that car took me many places it saw the birth of both my second and 3rd sons and it saw me through a fair amount of knocks (a serious accident included), but it was mine and I was really sad to see it go but unfortunately it was a 2 door and it was creating a bit of an inconvenience with having a family of 5 so when my mom looked at buying a new car and offered to trade mine in rather than hers I jumped at the opportunity to take her 4 door over my older model 2 door, and again this car has served me well… really well considering the amount of driving I do and that she is an older model.

To be honest as much as I love to look at a newer car I much prefer an older car and a second hand car, I find that they are far more reliable and much easier and uhm cheaper to fix, anything that requires a computer to fix is just not ok in my books so I have clung to my car for dear life, also a car loses value as soon as you drive it off of the "shop" floor, it doesn’t gain value so in essence I just don’t see the point in purchasing new. 

I have to be honest though I’ve come to the realization that we may soon… well in the near-ish future have to accept that we need something else… maybe a bit bigger… maybe a BIT newer, it’s scary though because although I have had 2 cars I have never physically been through the process myself, everything was done for me and that is probably why I have put off even looking at other cars for so long, but growing up means doing adult things right and I guess this is just one of those adult things.

That’s where CarZar comes in. CarZar will assess your car and give you an estimate of how much your car is worth online just by answering their quick online questionnaire you can get an idea of what your car is worth and what it can be worth (if you are willing to wait out a sale and allow them to advertise your car on their site for 48 hours).  I popped onto their site to do my own comparison and the value amount I was quoted was quite on Par with the amount I had in my head which is great, obviously you need to take into account the state of your car as well which may affect the value but this would be determined at the pre-sale inspection which they will arrange with you. I think it’s great that you have such a quick and easy option at hand, it certainly makes your life easier.

In today’s age I also like the safety aspect, selling your car privately means meeting strangers in what could be an unsafe location, it could also mean a fraudulent transaction or an unpredictable test drive, these frightening situations have all happened before, to me it’s not worth the risk at all and I would much prefer to make use of this process and ensure both mine and my families safety as well as a quick and convenient process.

To be honest I am also not exactly clued up on cars so if I were to go to a car dealership a great car salesman could very easily lead me to believe that I am getting an amazing deal on my car or the new car I wish to gain in exchange when in actual fact a good many time they are only looking out for their own commission and I would be none the wiser, the CarZAR process to me provides a process that is much more transparent and would allow me to get the best value and deal that as a client I deserve.

After some thought I have decided that my oldie is going to have to keep us going for a while longer, shame I love her all the same and she has been good to us, after traveling on public transport for 4 years I really grew to appreciate my car for the convenience it brings into my life and for my family.

* A BIG thank you to CarZAR for sponsoring this post, they say that everything happens for a reason and doing this post has certainly given me a lot to think about in relation to our future car and budget plan for our family.

Please note that while this post is sponsored the oppinions expressed in this post are my own.

1 comment: