Its time to share anther yummy winter recipe with everyone....
1 large egg
450g Ricotta Cheese
1 large package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
3 large or 4 small portobello mushroom caps, gills removed halved and thinly sliced
1 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 can tomato onion mix
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Pinch of salt and pepper
A box of lasagna sheets, uncooked
3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
- Combine crushed and diced tomatoes and their juice, garlic and salt/ pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the tomato mixture in the slow cooker.
- Arrange 5 noodles over the sauce, overlapping them slightly and breaking into pieces to cover as much of the sauce as possible.
- Spread half of the ricotta-vegetable mixture over the noodles and firmly pat down, then spoon on 1 1/2 cups sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat the layering one more time, starting with noodles.
- Top with a third layer of noodles. Evenly spread the remaining tomato sauce over the noodles. Set aside the remaining 1 cup mozzarella in the refrigerator.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on High for 2 hours or on Low for 4 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker, sprinkle the reserved mozzarella on the lasagna, cover and let stand for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.