Thursday 28 April 2016

My top favorite songs ever



My dad brought me up to appreciate a very large range of music I have enjoyed and gone through phases of liking pretty much everything except country music and rnb, anyhoo here is my list, its very mix matched and I understand not everything will be everyone’s cup of tea but for the most part these songs have deep meaning for me or are directly related to certain stages of my life so the mean a lot to me.

FYI this list is long….
Iris- Goo Goo Dolls

My absolute favorite song of all time this song is just so incredibly beautiful and I have loved it ever since I heard it for the first time.

Poisen- Alice Cooper

Another favorite and one I share with my hubby’s list when he mentioned this song on a coffee date I knew he was frikken amazing =)

Sweet child of mine- Guns and Roses

Every time I hear this song it makes me want to cry the lyrics are just stunning and I would love to have had a song like this written for me, having said that Axl Rose did not have the best relationship with his wife but it doesn’t taint the meaning of the song for me.

Anything for love- Meat Loaf

Don’t ask, I don’t know what it is about meatloaf but his style and him wow I think he is incredible and my dad played his music often so I guess it imprinted on my musical appreciation.

Heart shaped glasses- Marilyn Manson

This song, ok the music video is a bit adult, sex and nudity however the song I feel is written with a lot of emotion and once you look at the meaning behind the song and the relationship story that went with it you appreciate how beautiful it is.

Nymphetamine- Cradle of Filth

Not everyone’s cup of tea most would see it as dark and inappropriate but I have loved this song since my mid- teens and every time I hear it, it makes me think of all the people I knew and that period of time in my life, it’s also a song both hubby and I love.

Rose of Sharyn- Killswitch Engage

This song was first played to me by my ex and I just thought it was incredible, it still makes me think of the good times in our relationship and of Loghans pregnancy.

Down with the Sickness- disturbed

I love disturbed there is no need for an explanation =)

Freak on a Leash- Korn

This song takes me back to a period in my life when I felt like an outcast freak in a sea of conventional thinking, I went through so many changes and made so many mistakes but surprisingly this song makes me think of how far I have come and not the bad.

Starlight- Muse

Muse has been on my go to list since my early teens especially when I am feeling down.

Love the way you lie- Eminem and Rihanna

I have always enjoyed Eminem’s music and even though I am not a fan of Rihanna but I have to admit they make quite a musical pair and their vocals etc go incredibly well together.

Monster- Eminem and Rihanna

See above…

Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen

When I hear this song I think of my dad he played it and all of Queens songs so often in my childhood and I learned to appreciate their genius.

Brick in the wall- Pink Floyd

Another band that was imprinted on my childhood- no complaints from me!

Crucify- Tori Amos

Just listen to this song the lyrics are incredibly powerful 

Imogen Heap- Speeding Cars

This song was introduced to me in college by a good friend whilst I was pregnant with Loghan again very powerful lyrics and emotions.

Rammstein- Stirb night vor mir

Translated- Don’t Die before I do, I love Rammstein and almost every song of theirs I listen to, this one is a mix of English and German and again beautiful lyrics and vocals I am incredible fond of vocals where a harder harsher male voice is mixed with an operatic or soulful female voice

Eva- Nightwish

Another song you just have to listen to, Nightwish got me through so much I remember taking the bus every day and just turning the volume on my phone up to max headphones in my ears, I prefer the past singer to the current but their lyrics are wonderful still.

Enjoy the Silence-Lacuna Coil

This is a remake of the original Depeche mode song, my hubby was horrified when I told him I just don’t like Depeche mod, the lyrics are incredible but I prefer this version of the song.

Diary of Jane- Breaking Benjamin

I listened to this song a lot in my matric year

Hinder-Lips of an angel

This song has a loooooooooong back story I'm not going to get into 

So there you have it my very long list of favorites, I highly recommend every one of them but obviously its not everyone's cup of tea =)




No comments:

Post a Comment