Friday 22 April 2016

I am not ashamed about my c sections so dont expect me to be.

Too many moms are ashamed of their c sections, too many mommies feel inadequate for their choice or a choice that was taken from their hands, some are told they are not a mother because they did not give birth naturally or that they took the easy way out....

I am not ashamed, I am proud.

I never wanted a natural birth, it was my body, my baby and my choice and I advocate this choice for both sides, I have watched many natural birth videos read about many natural, home and unassisted births, they are beautiful and wonderful but that situation, that birth choice was not for me.

In the end the decision was taken out of my hands but from the start I wanted a c section and I shouldn't have to explain my reasons, my children are here they are healthy happy children whom I am very blessed to have in my life, they have never asked me why they didn't come forth from my vajayjay,or why I chose the choice I did, maybe they will one day and I will tell them like it is, they are not a woman and when their wives do give birth one day they need to value and accept her choice, my kids are incredibly loved and were miracles in my life I would never have risked their lives in any way or given them a birth I felt was unsafe.

So I will not be ashamed and I will not back off because I am a proud mommy, not a c section mommy not a breastfeeding mommy....just a mommy a super proud loud mouthed mommy, because in the grand scheme we are all moms who love our children and at the end of the day that is all that matters to our children and they are the ones whose opinions we most value!


No comments:

Post a Comment