Wednesday 30 March 2016

when being called mom became real

I was discussing this with a new mom a little while ago, that moment when identifying oneself as a mum becomes real.

I always wanted to be a mom from my early childhood on wards I couldn't wait to be a mom to hold my baby and glance at them with loving eyes, my dreams came true the day I bought Loghan into the world however I will admit that for so long it seemed so unreal and that saying the words I am a mom just I don't know it felt strange and far away, yes I was a mom, yes I loved and adored my child with every fiber of my being but there were many times when I looked my child and thought, wow like seriously I am a mom, I am responsible for the tiny person, we created this perfect being and I am a mom not just in name but identity as well.

I think for me it came when my kids called me mommy for the first time when they reached out for me or looked for me when I knew that they knew who I was and that I was the one the were looking for and they knew it... seems strange doesn't it.  I mean up until that moment I didn't love them any less I didn't do any less but it was like at that moment my brain went ping in conjunction with my heart and I was like yes I am your mom.

There are still many days when I look at my children and think WOW, how did I help create three such beautiful amazing beings, how can my heart love so much, how could you feel so much and yet still feel more. There are still days when it feels like I am living a dream.

When did it become real for you when you did have that aha moment of mommy hood did it come immediately is it still to come, I would love to hear other opinions and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment