Tuesday 24 November 2015

Mini road trips, photo shoots and other weekend ramblings

I know I have been really quiet over the last while, over the past week or so I contracted a Summer flu which happens ever year with the change of season but this one hit me for the six so I
have really been unwell. 

Anyhoo this past weekend we took a mini road trip up to Constantia for a photo shoot with the lovely Lauren Pretorious, I say road trip because anything past a half hour drive for my family is one, the kids aren't very fond are car trips which is so strange for me because I absolutely loved car trips as a child but anyway.

I won the photo shoot a few months ago on Caffeine and Fairy Dust and had heard so many good things about Lauren I couldn't wait to go.

So we we up at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning (nothing new), we then all bundled into the car and off we went, the weather on Saturday wasn't great it was pouring with rain and cold so I honestly didn't think we were going to get much done but the rain slowed down and stopped on our way so we were able to get the shoot done.

The location we went to was absolutely amazing (so green and calm) and so was Lauren and her lovely assistant, the kids really had a ball and it was all a lot of fun, Lauren sent me a few sneak peak pics that Evening which are gorgeous I cannot wait to see the rest of them.





I ADORE this photo


That afternoon I went off to a baby shower which was really lovely, the mum to be was an incredibly good sport and it was nice to get out and about with other adult woman for once.

Sunday was spent at home, we made tree ornaments because the boys were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bored and spent the afternoon playing outside whilst my hubby fixed his bike all in all a really great weekend.


By Sunday evening my nose had started up again and my head was pounding not a great end to such a wonderful weekend, my middle baby Gabriel also graduated from Grade R, cape hat and all he was gorgeous and I am so incredibly proud of him I cannot believe he has grown so much, it seems like only yesterday he was a baby in my arms... they really do grow too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment