Tuesday 8 September 2015

So hard to let go...



So everyone knows that Jesse is our last baby, when I fell pregnant with him I had one thing that I wanted to get new and that was a cot of my choosing, my hubby and I went shopping and I fell in love with this Chelino cot that I saw, we picked sheets and a hypoallergenic mattress I envisioned rocking him to sleep as it could rock and I couldn’t wait to have him in it.

Well I can tell you that at almost 2 years that cot has only been slept in a few times and as it stands Jesse will be ready at some point in the near future to go into a big boy bed of his own… and yet the cot still stands in our room, I tell myself at least once a week that we should take it down and yet it still stands…

I just don’t have it in me to take it down it is as if that cot silly as it sounds represents the end of babyhood and babies for me, it is as if taking it down puts an end to it all and only affirms that my baby is no longer a baby… I never thought letting go would be so hard…

No comments:

Post a Comment