Monday 13 July 2015

Stepping out of my comfort zone...

So Ive been rather quiet this last week partly because I haven't had anything to post about but mainly due to life... it happens you know.....



On Friday I felt so incredibly ill I went home and spent the majority of the day curled up in a ball on the couch but by Saturday afternoon I was feeling much better and thankfully just in time for the Cape Town weather to do a complete 360 and for to become bitterly cold and stormy.
 I managed to finish up the boys room despite feeling so poorly, many many late nights this week ( walking zombie= unhappy momma), so I was so incredibly proud when they ran upstairs to see yesterday, the screams and hugs, I feel really good about it so I cannot wait to share it with you all.... and that brings me to the final reason of why I have been so quiet.

As anyone who reads my blog knows I suffer with depression, and a bit of social anxiety well actually I wouldn't call it that I just prefer to be around 1 or 2 people and not crowds especially when it's people I don't know, I don't like speaking in front of people in fact it makes me want to throw up and I get nervous and shaky so call it what you want I just don't do well with people, ok so maybe un-diagnosed social anxiety... whatever floats your boat.



Anyway blogging has helped with this tremendously and its part of the reason why I decided to start blogging in the first place to step out of my comfort zone and interact with people and other moms even if only via social media which is of course much easier than face to face, I have met so many incredible people, made so many friends and have certainly learned a lot which has been incredible however I felt it was time to push the boundaries a bit more and so over the weekend after lots of uhming and ahing I decided to go ahead and film my first vlog.... yes a vlog in front of an actual camera, which my amazing husband brought home for me and helped me set up.... a lesson on its own.

I was scared out of my wits and it took a lot for me to actually sit in front of the camera and speak however once I got started I found it became easier and a whole half an hour later I was done... so easy part over then I had to get down to editing.



Now I have always looked at YOUtubers and thought what the hell you have it so easy editing cannot possible be that difficult.... I stand corrected, I know that I am no where near a professional in fact I have no idea what I was doing but it took me hours.... seriously hours just to edit one small half an hour segment and it is far from perfect so kudos to all the vloggers out there I have a new appreciation for your work....

So where does this leave my blog, well in short my blog is still my main focus basically I started the YOUtube channel to work in conjunction with my blog so anything I feel would be better produced in a vlogging format will go up on my channel as well as linked to this blog, I just find that it can be so difficult to properly convey certain reviews and do hauls over a blog so I am hoping this will do well...and that will be put up on my channel hopefully this evening and I will link it and post it from there.

Hope everyone is staying warm this chilly Monday morning and I will chat to you all later....

No comments:

Post a Comment