Monday 15 June 2015

A weekend away at The Baysands Lodge

Okay so bare with me this is round two of me writing this post, last night I spent over 2 hours putting this post together only to have the upload fail well actually it is stuck in limbo on my i phone, I was and still am not very impressed but enough of my venting let me tell you about our weekend away.

Basically I have been MIA this weekend, my hubby and I were afforded the wonderful opportunity of a weekend away at a local bed and breakfast located just 10 minutes out of Table View, called The Baysands lodge.

I was both excited and apprehensive at the same time as this would be our first time away from Jesse for more than a few hours but everyone assured me that he would be fine (thankfully he was) so on Friday we dropped him with his Ouma and Oupa for the weekend and off we went.

As I said the bed and breakfast is located just 10 minutes out of Tableview along Bloubergstrand just a few 100m away from The Blue Peter Restaurant and the beach as well as a short walk or drive away from Eden on the Bay and Seaside Village.

Upon our arrival we were greeted by one of the lovely owners or one half of the husband and wife team along with their two gorgeous huskies Captain and Morgan, we were shown around the guesthouse and given all the ins and outs and were then shown to the roof where a set out bench allows you to sit and watch a romantic sunset or to capture the spectacular views that the lodge has to offer.


The view from the roof.


Baysands is just gorgeous everything from the color scheme to the furniture and paintings has been lovingly selected and makes you feel like you are on an exotic holiday at the beach while still making you feel right at home.

Our room


Each room has its own bathroom and coffee bar as well as free wifi access and dstv, our room also had access to a patio through sliding doors where you could sit and look out over the beach, there is also a pool and snooker table/ bar area upstairs, everything you need for a perfect holiday for two or even the whole family.

The patio 


After settling into our room we took a lovely sunset walk along the beach after that we settled in for the evening.

The perfect view

Sunset on our walk



Our weekend consisted of walks along the beach and alot of down time, On Saturday and Sunday morning we attended breakfast with another couple staying at the lodge and the breakfast which is included consisted of everything from fruit, yogurt and muffins to full on eggs, sausage and toast depending on your preference, it really is a place I would love to stay at again and we were very sad to leave it behind.

Picture Perfect!


I highly recommend the Baysands Lodge for anyone looking for an affordable getaway complete with amazing service and the feeling of home and would just like to thank Sunningdale Educare and the Baysands Lodge for this wonderful opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment