Monday 2 February 2015

another weekend gone

the weekend is over and back to work we go, my weekend started off with me not feeling great at all and spending the better part of Friday hunched over the loo, Saturday I didnt feel too great either and I still don't but I think I may just have a very weak stomach... ick.




Anyhoo Saturday night we had a lovely family braai just us 5 and it was great the kids braaied marshmallows and splashed in the splash pool, I just love being with my family in our home, and then Sunday we went off to my in laws for a lovely lunch and we ended the weekend at my parents for supper.

The boys have been nagging me to make cookies so I did last night even though I felt blegh but they were a big hit, I was looking for an egg free recipe and found so many egg substitutions in the end I went with bananas, thats right you can substitute a half of a banana for 1 egg.... so this is the recipe, I tweaked it a bit to fit my needs but they turned out great:



Scrumptious egg free chocolate chip cookies



250g margarine
250g sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
2tsp baking powder
1 mashed banana
3 cups flour
a generous amount of chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugar, then add the baking powder and essence, then the banana and finally the flour mix together with your hands well and add more flour if disired- I made drop cookies I didnt cut them out but if you want to then I suggest adding more flour.


dough fully mixed


I then added the chocolate chips, created spoon full balls (tsp) put them on a greased baking tray and baked at 180 degrees for 15 minutes and voila.... I tasted them and they are amazing.

drops tsp size



The banana gives such an amazing taste with the chocolate- YUMMY and its a way to get something healthy in. you can substitute the sugar for something diabetic friendly or even brown sugar if needed I have just found that white sugar is just better for baking, we dont use white sugar for anything else.

remove the cookies when golden brown and allow to cool then enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment