Monday 29 December 2014

Xmas LUSH Haul and review





So I’m going to be doing a bit of a xmas LUSH Haul Review, I received so many LUSH products for xmas I could just die of happiness so I thought I would just give a little heads up to anyone looking to buy and not sure what to get.

I am so in love with their skin products I cannot explain the difference I have seen in my skin since I have started using LUSH especially on my face.  I have always had terrible skin always suffered with terrible breakouts and skin that is so over sensitive and both oily and dry I have never found a product that works as a daily regime on my skin without issues, I am so happy with my skin that I have gone over a week without foundation and plan on keeping it that way for the 1st time since the age of 14 I am foundation free and it feels amazing!!!!

So here are the products I was lucky enough to receive…..


 



Dream cream

On the LUSH website it is listed as:
An incredibly soothing body lotion for troubled skin. Dream Cream is Lush’s best-selling product because it makes sore skin feel good again. Chamomile and lavender calm irritations reduce redness and banish blotches. We also use oat milk, too, which has traditionally been used on troubled skin for centuries. It contains everything nature makes for soothing your skin.

Okay so I really needed not wanted but needed this product over the last few months I have developed hand eczema yay me and it is incredibly painful as well as irritating especially since I work with clients etc so I have been searching for a product other than cortisone to help soothe the pain and help my skin at the same time, the LUSH ladies told me this was the cream to go with and gave me a sample to take home- what a difference it is incredibly soothing I think that is probably my favourite thing about this product my skin no longer feels painful or irritated and after using it for 4 days I can see and feel the difference, I have even started using it on my son who also has exzema and its great I love this product and the smell is actually really comforting I highly recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin or if you are suffering from a skin condition, I use it several times a day and I have used to little out of the tub I am very happy with this product.


Mask of Magnaminty

A deep cleansing, minty face and back pack. After an overnight flight, a marathon in a rabbit suit or a walk along the Marylebone Road during rush hour, do you feel a deep need to be scrubbed clean? Here’s a cleansing mask to do exactly that; China clay and bentonite gel will pull the dirt from your pores, ground aduki beans and evening primrose seeds exfoliate surface skin cells, and peppermint oil will make you feel so fresh and minty that you'll forget you were ever grubby.

This product is amazing it makes your skin feel so cool and refreshed afterwards, I previously had the sample and even though I really dislike mint I love the way this product makes my skin feel I highly recommend this maybe once or twice a week or if you have a had a long day and want to soothe irritated skin it is great and a little goes a long way, it is not terribly exfoliating to me it’s more of a mask but for those who don’t like harsh exfoliators this is the product for you, it does feel very clay like on your skin while you have it on I normally leave it on for about 10 minutes, the feeling took a bit of getting used to as it feels very tightening on your skin but it really isn’t.



Ocean Salt
Limes steeped in vodka, grapefruit and lashings of salt go into this invigorating face and body scrub - now in a self-preserving formula.
The salty, citrus fragrance is refreshing on the skin and mind, like diving into the cool blue ocean. Sea salt is rich in minerals and excellent for scrubbing away any dead skin. We also added rich, silky avocado butter, coconut oil and seaweed absolute to keep your skin soft, smooth and conditioned.

I had the sample of this as well and I have to say that the sample was definitely harsher than the tub that I got, I know every tub is made separately etc and that’s probably why and I am very happy with the tub I got as I did feel that the sample was a bit harsh, the tub I got is something I would use maybe 2 or so times a week, I absolutely LOVE the smell and I just love the feeling that it gives your skin after so smooth and refreshed.

Originally when you open the tub it has a thick blue salt layer on top you need to mix that and the stuff beneath it to create the end result, I am so happy I received this product!!!!


Atomic Toothy Tab 

Declare war on bad breath with Atomic, the world's first Fair Trade solid toothpaste tab! The Atomic toothy tab guarantees a fairer deal for the people who grow our ingredients.   Antibacterial and antiseptic - intense cleaning! Of course, Atomic toothy tabs are also an incredibly effective toothpaste. We use antiseptic clove and cinnamon to combat the bacteria that can build up in the mouth as you eat, drink and get on with the daily grind. Atomic is a spicy toothpaste that’s good for people suffering with ulcers.

Okay I picked these up as a sample and boy oh boy I almost threw up they taste so bad I couldn’t stand it, they work well and definitely left me teeth feeling clean and bright but I have a serious tactile dysfunction and am also extremely sensitive to taste and smell so I will not be buying this product EVER- it’s great for travel and if you can stand through the taste then it will probably be a great product for you, for me unfortunately it was a total miss.


Ro's Argan Body Conditioner 

A beautiful, rose jam scented body conditioner that’s full of the most emollient, moisturising ingredients possible to feed and nourish the skin.  There’s cypress oil, capuacu butter, Brazil nut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and super softening almond oil, along with Argan oil of course, which is rich in vitamin E and incredibly moisturising and soothing on the skin.  There’s also a touch of spring water to cool the skin down.  The 20% glycerine locks in all this moisture, leaving your skin soft, smooth, supple and the fragrance leaves you delicately scented like a rose bush being kissed by the first rays of morning sun.

This I got as a sample, I have been looking for a nice moisturising body wash so this was recommended by the ladies at LUSH- you use it in the bath and it smells just frikken AMAZING to me it smelt like marula fruit don’t know where I got that from to me it smells nothing like rose but anyhoo this product left me skin feeling so amazing after, I will say that it does feel a bit icky sort of slimy when you are putting it on I would liken it to washing with a body lotion it didn’t feel great and I was a bit worried about whether it would actually soak into my skin but it did and I was very happy after my bath especially with the smell, hubby loved it so it is definitely a product I would like to buy in the future.



Dreamwash 

Soothing shower soap to calm red, dry skin. Dreamwash is a perfect smoothie for troubled skin. It’s incredibly mild and actively soothing - wonderful for skin with a habit of going flaky and red when you touch it with anything other than plain water. We mix chamomile with calamine, calming aloe vera, soothing rose, tea tree and lavender essential oils. It’s the dreamiest wash available for sensitive skin.
This is a companion to the dream cream so I am so happy I got this- I have become very much accustomed to the calamine smell and I actually find it really comforting- like dream cream I find it really soothing and I recommend it as a companion to dream cream.



Butterbear Bath Bomb

Cocoa butter creates a creamy soft bath that is great for nourishing and protecting your skin, with the same vanilla fragrance as Butterball bath bomb. Moulded into a friendly and sweet-smelling bear, this is sure to be a winner with little (and big) kids alike!

This was actually gifted to us by the LUSH ladies to the boys after they went mad in the store with all the bath bombs- the ladies were great and demonstrated a few things for them, so we used it when we got home in their bath- it did not have any bells and whistles associated with many of the LUSH bombs but it didn’t affect my middle sons skin at all and left them both smelling so lovely- I will say that they also fell asleep like a charm whether this can be attributed to the bear I am not sure but they definitely slept really well that evening.



Lord of Misrule 

This bath bomb, named after the ruler of the Pagan Feast of Fools, features a fragrance created by Gorilla Perfumer Simon Constantine. This bomb will slowly dissolve to reveal a wine coloured centre, with the added sweetness of the world’s first fair trade vanilla absolute. This is off set by the earthy scents of black pepper and patchouli oil. The design of this bomb is inspired by the paper hats you find inside Christmas crackers, and these were based on the crown the Lord of Misrule would wear for the period of time in which he presided over the court bringing his unique style of celebration.

So I made use of this bath bomb on boxing day- the smell is amazing and it looks great too I actually didn’t want to use it because I just loved the smell so much- if you ever want a nice smell in your home just place a lush product in the room for a few days it will leave your room smelling LUSHful as my hubby puts it.

Okay so they say wine colored center but I have to be honest with you I felt like I was bathing in blood not wine- it made me feel really uncomfortable after my history and my hubby wasn’t impressed  but that aside the smell was amazing and the popping candy was really fun so if you can get past the colour then go for it- maybe you think it looks more wine coloured I don’t know this is a highly recommended bath bomb so go for it.


Rub Rub Rub 

Rub Rub Rub is a bit of a variation on the normal shower gel. Sea salt is gently exfoliating, extra cleansing and mineral-rich. After scrubbing, it dissolves in water, leaving your plughole free of blockages. This new blue scrub is startlingly refreshing, with a dash of lemon juice and the tropical scent of mimosa blossom. Just hop in the shower and rub, rub, rub!

I just got a sample of this as the ladies said that it is great to use in conjunction with the rose- argon body conditioner- it smells so amazing and it is a really nice soft scrub if you can say that it really left my skin feeling fresh and clean, I would love to get this product in the future.

Aside from the above I also got some more fresh farmacy facial soap because it is just an amazing skin product for me- I want to add that it is really worth the money and is less expensive than their tubs of facial products it also lasts so long and lathers really well it has done wonders for my skin and I highly recommend it!



I also got a piece of Honey I washed the kids soap which has the most divine toffee smell, I am not a soap person but this came so highly recommended I asked hubby to get me some I haven’t used it yet but will let you know once I have- the LUSH ladies said it is great for sensitive skin so we will see how it goes.

So I got really spoilt I am just loving the products I received, I hope this was helpful, I know how confusing the LUSH store can be because there is just so much you want to get- happy Lush shopping everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment