Friday 6 July 2018

I know you want to ask, but just don't...

Everyone knows that the no 1 thing you never ask a woman is ah when is the baby due or are you pregnant... right?

It is utter sacrilege; way above telling a woman that her pants make her butt look big or that she would look prettier if she smiled more.

You would think this to be a well known fact but oh no my friends I too have committed this faux pas many moons ago when I was but a student working part time as a book store attendant, I had 2 kids of my own already so you would think I would have known better but oh no! 

When a lovely lady dressed all in white like a radiating piece of sunshine, walked in with her over jacket thing tied neatly under her breast line leaving what appeared to be a rather pronounced what I thought to be a preggo belly protruding outwards I made the oh so fatal mistake of asking her when her due date. No sooner had those words left my mouth than I knew I had made a grave mistake and I was further assured by the drop in her smile and the retort of- Excuse me...I am NOT pregnant... *hangs head in utter shame* I literally did not know which way to look, I apologized but of course you cannot take back your words once they have been said.

This unforgotten memory came back to the surface last night when I fetched my youngest from day care.

One of his teachers was holding her young baby in her arms and as I stood talking to her my eyes dropped to her very noticeable what definitely looked like a preggy belly and as soon as I did, *flashback* oh hell no I'm not doing that again!!!!  

So I spent the next 10 minutes trying not to glance at her tummy and trying desperately not to make an idiot of myself, until I laughed and told her her how I was glad I was done having babies and her reply indicated that she was done as well because 3 children were enough... I know she only has two children... yay elation I was not an asshole, 3 I asked, yip little girl on the way... success I managed to make it through without eating my words.

Moral of the story and our lesson for today guys just don't do it, no matter how much you want to, no matter how sure you are.  I don't care if you are gifted with x ray vision just don't, unless a baby is coming out of her hoo ha just don't!




No comments:

Post a Comment