Wednesday 20 April 2016

1 week post breastfeeding

This time last week I was told to stop breastfeeding after been given meds that would be harmful if consumed through my milk, this time last week I was so ready, completely ready and biting at the bit for someone to give me a reason to stop breastfeeding.

I was tired of being a walking pacifier, tired of being the only one who could get my son to sleep, tired of having my clothes pulled down in public because my toddler wanted to feed RIGHT NOW.

2 years and 7 months was enough I said....

Its been a week, when I gave Jesse milk for the last time I sobbed like a crazy person, I was so overwhelmed that this was it... it has gotten easier Jesse still comes to me when he wants to sleep he curls up on my chest after asking for the boob once or twice and being told sorry my baby but you cant....we still have our special time together.

It seems silly but that time was very much valued by me as a mom, my reasons for wanting to stop were not because I didn't want that time or felt that time was meaningless, as selfish as my reasons may seem anyone who has breastfed a toddler will know how crazy it can be.

I'm so sorry my boy that I had to stop dead, I'm sorry I caused you distress and upset, in many ways I wish we had more time now that its over, but I do not regret my decision to stop.

In time you will long forget this decision and I am proud of the journey, we have come so far, I valued that special time when I had you all to myself and could give you something and a comfort no one else could....

2 years and 7 months, 3 years and 4 months collectively with your brothers and every minute no matter how tired I was was worth it, a fed baby is a happy baby but I am glad I got to do this even if only a little while for my older two.

No comments:

Post a Comment