Friday 7 August 2015

My Blogging Journey so far...



So I have been blogging for a few months now and by that I mean actually putting effort into my blog as I have had a registered blog for a year now.

It has been an incredible journey so far, one that I have put many hours of love and care into, this blog has become an extension of my life a project child if you will, and this is why is has been so disheartening to see the amount of ugliness going around in the SA Blogging world lately.

When I started blogging I started with the mind of having a platform and a safe space to air my views, vents and overall updates on my life for me to look back on one day, this has remained however my blog has become so much more for me, not only do I enjoy writing… immensely so, but if this platform had allowed me to reach even one person out there, to give them some much needed information or a hand up on a down day it would have made my day, so when I started seeing the numbers of views going up and I started receiving inbox messages and comments on social media platforms, well I cannot explain to the immense joy and pride it has brought to my life.

I love reading other peoples blogs (even those of people I have butt heads with, because they are great writers) and I admit I get a tad bit, ok a large bit envious when I look at their blog designs and read their pieces… awe inspiring doesn’t even begin to describe it, there are so many bloggers with so much to offer, and when I read them it’s always clear when a person is passionate about what they are doing and whether they actually enjoy what they are doing, that is what I look for and I have accumulated quite a list of favourite local bloggers, whose pieces I thoroughly look forward to especially at the end of a long day.

I may not be the best writer, and my life may not be the most interesting to others, but I am going to carry on doing it anyway because I enjoy it and that was the plan, not to make money or receive sponsorships although working with other people is incredible, but just being able to meet the amount of new people I have has been amazing in itself everything else is just a bonus!

I have done things and voiced my opinions on matters I never thought I would, I have designed and put together codes on my own and even gotten in front of and learnt to navigate a proper camera (not a digital handheld one) camera and edit footage (albeit badly) which I never in my life thought I would be able to do; but I did and it’s all thanks to this blog and the inspiration I have found along the way.

Thank you to the bloggers who inspire me every day, you will probably never realise how many people you reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment