Tuesday 11 August 2015

Essence- Make me Brow gel



Two weeks ago I walked into the Red Square store in Canal Walk and head on into the new Benefit stand as Benefit had literally just been introduced into SA it was quite a large stand dead centre of the store, now I had heard all the hype about the range and have spent some time reading up reviews etc but I just couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on cosmetics no matter how good the product is….. thankfully I am not a beauty blogger because I would never be able to keep up or be able to afford to try out all these new ranges.
In any case I was approached by a very lovely male shopping assistant who of course tried to convince me to buy one of their products and he chose to show me their Gimme Brow product which shamefully I was in dire need of as my eyebrows are just terrible eek, so he brushed the gel onto my brows and whilst doing so I am thinking seriously I need to go I don’t have time for this I cannot afford this etc and when I looked again WOW is all I will say… WOW.
So he had me hooked, I asked him what the price of said product was and my jaw dropped to the floor… I walked out the store with a sad sense of longing for that product, he almost convinced me I will tell you… almost.
So I went back to the office and all the while thinking to myself there must be another product that does the same thing it is impossible that they can be the only one that have that product and upon reaching home I dove into some research and I was in luck because I found that the Essence range had a product that looked exactly the same for a fraction of the cost, I was skeptical but after reading many a review and looking at the price  decided at some point I would need to try this product and it so happens that my mom decided to buy it for me this weekend… yay mom!!!!
I tried it on Sunday and I was thoroughly impressed, I believe the product was R47.95, granted it is only a 3.5ml tube but compared to the Benefit 3ml option of over R300 I was willing to take the chance.
What the website says:
“Fill up… 3in1 – colour, density and shape! the tinted gel of the make me brow eyebrow gel mascara contains tiny fibres that fill in any unwanted gaps for beautifully defined and full eyebrows.”


I went with the Blondy Brows option they have two Blondy Brows and Browny Brows (very original), and the colour matched up great to my hair and skin tones, the gel also dried super quick and defined my brows really well which was awesome, the only issue I did have which is the fault of  tweezing and not waxing is that I often miss a few fine hairs and the gel of course picked this up so I had to do a bit of extra tweezing but other than that the spooly brush is great and the perfect size for eyebrows, I am super impressed and this product has definitely made it onto my list of favourites!!!!
For the price, the fact that it is cruelty free, Paraben free and it works well I highly recommend that you try this product especially if you have considered the more expensive option…

No comments:

Post a Comment